Infrared saunas use specially designed heaters to emit infrared light, which is experienced as radiant heat and is absorbed by the surface of the skin. Over the years doctors have discovered many benefits of using an infrared sauna:
Detoxification: toxins can accumulate in the skin and by sweating you can naturally remove these toxins. By doing this you can help avoid disease, prevent illness as well as improve general health and vitality.
Purifying the Skin: it cleanses the pores, thereby getting rid of accumulated dirt, cosmetics, blackheads and dry skin cells. When you have less toxins in your skin you can have healthier skin with improvements in skin complexion, tone, texture, elasticity and overall appearance.
Weight Loss: using the sauna for only 30 minutes can burn up to 600 calories. While using the sauna your core body temperature is elevated, therefore the body works harder to cool it down. This causes an increase in heart rate, metabolic rate and cardiac output allowing you to burn calories while you relax.
Cardiac Improvement: using the sauna can increase circulation, thereby benefiting people with high blood pressure, sciatica, hemorrhoids and varicose veins.
Relaxation: it can help maintain healthy levels of your stress hormones, like cortisol, which leads to better sleep and overall feeling of being refreshed and rejuvinated.
Pain Relief: it increases circulation and speeds oxygen flow in joints, muscles and tissue which helps minimize pain. Using an infrared sauna is recommended for athletes with sport injuries as well as people with fibromyalgia and other chronic pain syndromes.
Additional Benefits of Our Sauna:
– We couple our infrared sauna with Chromotherapy. Chromotherapy, also called color therapy, is the use of color and light to gently bring about homeostasis (maintaining internal equilibrium by adjusting physiological processes). Our sauna is equipped with colored lights, which illuminate inside the sauna. You have the option of selecting which color(s) you want or have a random rotation.
- Orange: warm, cheering & non-constricting. It stimulates creative thinking and enthusiasm.
- Yellow: helps strengthen the never and the mind
- Green: affects blood pressure and all conditions of the heart
- Turquoise: increases intuition and sensitivity as well as relaxes
- Blue: cools down inflammation, fever, high blood pressure, stops bleeding as well as calms strong emotions like anger, aggression or hysteria.
- Purple: slows down tan over-active heart, stimulate the spleen and white blood cells.
- Red: good for energy, fatigue, and colds. It energizes heart and blood circulation, builds up the blood circulation and increases a low blood pressure.
Another great article on the benefits of an Infrared Sauna: http://naturallysavvy.com/live/the-6-reasons-an-infrared-sauna-should-be-in-your-life